Rosebank Holiday Cottage
- ROSEBANK HOLIDAYCOTTAGE PORT LOGAN
AND GUEST REVIEWS
Rosebank Holiday Cottage is situated in the pretty unspoilt village of Port Logan in Dumfries and Galloway, South West Scotland and is ideal for families and couples looking for something completely different from their hectic working lives.
This traditional fisherman’s cottage is now completely refurbished making your holiday in Scotland comfortable and welcoming. The cottage has two double bedrooms, one ensuite, and a third bedroom with bunk beds, sleeping a family of six. All on one level, a bright and light open plan kitchen, living and dining area opens onto a large private, secure garden on two levels. Steps to the top level lead to a picnic table and seating area where there is a wonderful view of the Port Logan Lighthouse and the sea. Two well behaved pets are welcome at Rosebank for a small extra charge. To book your next holiday you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The beach is only a few yards from Rosebank Self-Catering Holiday Cottage and is a haven for children and every dogs dream! Port Logan is renown for rock and beach fishing. For the boat owner Port Logan has a concrete slip-way making launching quick, easy and safe.
Outside, to the rear of Rosebank is a large secluded garden on two levels accessed directly from the living area. Our garden is secure and is perfect for pets and children. There are steps to the top level with a picnic table and benches. Here you can enjoy a wonderful view of the sea and Port Logan Lighthouse. With a glass of wine, the fresh sea air you can relax and watch the sun setting over the sea – just what holidays are all about. There’s a useful, secure outhouse where you can store sporting equipment and clothing and you can bathe sandy dogs after a fun day on the beach. You will also find a freezer and a washing machine in the outhouse and we have facilities for outdoor drying of laundry. There is private off-road parking to the front of Rosebank and the beach is just yards away from the front door.
Book your Holiday
Contact us today to book your next self-catering holiday at Rosebank in Port Logan, South West Scotland. We look forward to welcoming you to this tranquil and beautiful corner of Scotland.
To book your holiday you can call us on 01776 707010 or send us an email. You can also find us onFacebook.
Find us on Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/NoGkGbvc5aP2
- Beautiful cottage had an amazing weekend, every thing you could wish for in a beautiful location. We all hope to return. Thank you.
Craig - Dave - Lynn - Cath Preston 20th May 2015.
- “Just back from a short stay here. I must say this is a beautiful cottage in a beautiful place and I will come back. There is an excellent attention to detail in the cottage and is exceptionally clean, modern and very peaceful.”
PW, Leicester. May 2016.
- “Nice weekend break weather good, cottage beautiful, attention to detail great.Thank you xx”
F and A, Scotland. April 2016.
- “Had a lovely long weekend. Beautifully presented cottage, you had thought of everything we might need. Had a great time exploring the local area and even got lucky with the weather. Thanks again.”
LM and RJ, Edinburgh. April 2016
- “Beautiful home, great weather, apart from Friday (1/04/16). The weans loved the beach and had lots of fun. D tried fishing, didn’t catch anything. Hopefully we will be back sometime soon.”
F & D, D & L, S & S. Dalbeattie. March/April 2016.
- “Beautiful cottage, more than we expected. Will definately come back again, we all had a brilliant fortnight.”
Mr and Mrs T, Wigan and D,E,T and O, Australia. March 2016.
- “The perfect cottage for our Christmas break. Very comfortable especially with two children and two babies! We would highly recommend and certainly return if in the area.”
- “Beautifully presented cottage in a fantastic location. We would certainly like to return at some time.”
M and C, Lanarkshire. October 2015.
- “We’ve had a relaxing 2 weeks in this light, bright and comfortable cottage. It has everything you need and the dogs loved the big garden & the beach outside the front door. Weather has been great so we’ve managed to get out and about a lot. We’ve seen lots of wildlife including seals, deer, badgers and a red squirrel. We would love to come back some time!”
A, K, C and K, Wallsend, Tyne and Wear. October 2015
- Beautiful cottage, the little touches were very appreciated by us. Wonderful location, we have had glorious weather and explored the area. A perfect holiday for us, we will definately be back. Thank you.
Paul, Angela, Lois and Erin. Leeds 28/5/15 -4/6/16
- “My dear friend Alison showed me her home Port Logan. I’ve had a wonderful time here. This cottage is great! I loved the gardens, especially the botanical, the fish pond and the castles nearby. Our dogs were having a super time here as well! I like to visit Port Logan again.”Ekta, The Netherlands, June 2016.
- “Rosebank has a special place in my heart since I was a wee girl and it was so lovely to come back and see the house again. It has changed completely but has been beautifully renovated. So comfortable and the little extra touches touches make it feel very special. Also a perfect place to come with dogs! I loved showing my friend this fabulous area that used to be my home. Will be back soon, I hope.”
Alison, Houten The Netherlands, June 2016.
- Lovely cottage,fantastic beach. Had a lovely relaxing time and would definately visit again. Dog friendly tea room in Portpetrick with delicious food was a bonus. We had a great break thank you. We loved your cottage and Port Logan is truly beautiful, I don't think I would ever get fed up of that view. I just wish we could have stayed a bit longer. Will definitely be booking again in the future .
Lorna Sheina Angus the dog East Kilbride.
- Written by visiting Daughter. Camr today (23rd June) to see how Mum and Dad are doing. I must say this cottage is really lovely and Mum and Dad are very happy here _ could not do any better. Thank you very much. (daughter) Heater.
Ken/Irene Newton Stewart.
- “Fabulous cottage! D & N have thought of every thing. Dogs enjoyed the garden and as for the beach just across the road, Brilliant ! Had a truly wonderful stay. Many thanks.”
Steph & Trevor, Jess & Suki the Whippets. South Lakes, 27th June – 1st July.
- Lovely cottage, very clean and welcoming, our boys particularly enjoyed the bunk beds! We all had a lovely time exploring the area and playing on the beach - even in the rain.
Brian & Nicola, Daniel-Ethan-Jacob. Giffnock 1st-8th July.
- Thank you for making our experience of this beautiful side of Scotland a homely one.
You have thought of everything down to the last detail. I will be recommending your cottage.
Michelle & Family 9th-16th July, Glasgow.
- We've been coming here for 4 years now and Rosebank is by far the best one we've been in. Very nicely done, we give it 10/10 - definately coming back. We will recommend it to all our friends.
Tomo, Glyn, Julie and Mel 16-23 July Wigan Manchester.
- Great Cottage, great holiday. We all loved the place. Great that you provided a "starter pack" of tea, coffee, biscuits - nice touch! We will be recommending the place.
Clive, Andrew & Clare 23rd-30th July, Otley W/Yorkshire.
- Cottage is great ! Visit Logan Botanic - superb gardens and our 2nd trip there. Ardwell House & Gardens - hidden gem in lovely walled garden, just us and the gardener - "wonderful "! Portpatrick is great for a day trip - buy gifts from the RNLI shop. Take the ferry from Cairnryan to Belfast to see the spectacular Titanic exhibition. Stena do a day trip 11:30am back 10pm for £80.00 (family of 4). Kirkmadrine Stones is otherworldly and the ancient church is in a very peaceful spot. Otherwise just pootling on the beach and hopefully seeing spectacular sunsets like we enjoyed.
John Ginny & 2 Girls, Leeds 30th July - 6th August
- Lovely cottage, very well equipped with everything we needed. Had a couple of lovely days although the weather was not very good. Would love to come back again when it's a bit warmer, and will definately recommend this wee cottage. I loved the peace and quiet and the privacy.
Tam and Linda & Blastie Ayrshire 6th - 13th August 2016
- Rosebank is the perfect cottage for a relaxing break - beautifully renovated and with all the mod-cons to ensure a comfortable stay. The location is idyllic and Denise and Nick have thought of everything including many lovely touches that made this the perfect getaway from it all holiday 5***** and thank you.
Hi, thanks so much for a wonderful stay! The cottage is amazing - so well thought out and really well equipped.
Thanks you so much, thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Cabby, Ian, Roni & Archie. Jack & Rosie (Trail-hounds). 13th - 19th Aug, Horley nr Gatwick.
- A beautiful, clean, comfortable cottage in an idyllic location Denise & Nick have thought of everything you might need in accurate detail. Our stay has been FAR too short and none of us want to go home. We are certainly planning to return, hopefully next year. Our heart felt thanks for a lovely relaxing weekend x
Liz, Jordan and Jade & Butch the JSD. 19th - 22nd August Selby, North Yorkshire.
- What a fabulous place for some rest in a lovely cottage. We've had a great week here, with a couple of lazy days doing not a lot. Everybody has commented on how nice it is here, and the dogs love the beach.
Thanks for a great break - I suspect we will return !
Steve, Esther, Hannah, William & Emilia, plus 3 very tired Labradors! 22-29 Aug 2016 Stafford.
- Having dogs it has not always been very easy to find good holiday cottages, but over the years we have stayed in some excellent ones. However we have to say that Rosebank holiday cottage has exceeded every one. Immaculate, fabulous garden, in a stunning location, absolute peace and quiet, and outstanding comfort in a beautiful cottage.
Already looking forward to return next year.
Anne, Paul & Jessica + Hattie, Tilly & Izzy. 30th Aug-2nd Sept 2016 Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Wow ! Lovely, Clean, Fresh cottage.
Garden perfect for Murray. Stunning views. Loved "Our Beach". See you soon.
Dave + Irene, Murray (Westie) Kinross 2nd-5th Sept 2016.
- Really enjoyed our stay at your lovely cottage.
Visited Portpatrick, had a great day. Hope to return in the future, x
Bernice, Dave & Steven + Ozzie-Frankie-Bonnie-Mollie. Fife 5th-9th Sept.
- This week has flown by, saw many lovely spots but none can match Port Logan, especially the sunsets from the beach. Your cottage is fabulous and is worth all the hard work you both put into it.
Meeting up with you again has been great,
Betty, Geoff & Gillian Alwoodley Leeds,9th-16th Sept.
- Denise & Nick,
We have really enjoyed our week at your wonderful cottage, a real home from home.
The peace and quiet suits us well plus the wonderful beach on the door step. Look forward to our next visit, will recommend to family. The starter pack was most welcome after the long journey. Thank you again.
PS, The weather stayed perfect for us.
Gareth & Trish, Huddersfield 17 - 24th September.
- Thank you Nick & Denise for providing, "The Best Most well Appointed Holiday Cottage that we have ever stayed at".
i, C, C ,C and baby Logan. Brackley 24th Sept - 1st Oct.
- Enjoyed our stay at your cottage, which was lovely beautifully clean and well appointed, hope to return.
Sandra, John, David, Thomas and Leo (red setter), 1st-8th Oct 2016 Pershore.
- Fantastic cottage, it has everything we needed and more. You have it spot on - we loved the welcome pack, one less thing for us to think of ! Thank you. Ardwell gardens and Port Logan Fish Pond are must for visits, we recommend and so do the dogs !! Looking forward to coming back.
Rachel, Keith, June - Beck & Buddy. Annan Dumfrieshire.
- This is a beautiful holiday cottage with fabulous gardens for the dogs. The cottage has everything we could have wished for and more. Thanks very much for the welcome pack which was very much appreciated. Fabulous to just walk across the road to the beach too.
We found a lovely hotel called Tigh na Mara Hotel just 5 miles away in Sandhead (dogs allowed in bar area), meal and service was lovely. We also went into Stranraer to get shopping and cheekily went into the Royal cafe on Castle Street, and asked if we could take the dogs in and they were allowed. We have enjoyed this late break with the dogs so much we have already booked again. Thanks so much Denise & Nick.
Alex and Pam Cairns, Cooper and Molly Freckleton, Preston, 15th - 22nd October 2016
- It has been a pleasure to rediscover Bonny Dumfries and Galloway. Our first visit was in 1968 with our 3 young daughters, and again in 2007 on our 49th wedding anniversary. Our visit this week has been no less magical. We have holidayed in cottages all over the UK but Rosebank is by far the best, extended and renovated without loosing it's charm and comfort. The welcome pack was excellent far above our expectations !
Jimmy & Brenda and family. Brampton Cumbria.
- Thank you very much had a wonderful stay, Millie & Rex thought it was great also. We have enjoyed touring the area, and we also found the Tigh Na Mara a good place to eat. Thanks to Nick & Denise you have thought of everything.
Angie & Chris - Yvonne & John + Millie and Rex. Anglesey North Wales.
- Cottage was perfect and the Christmas decorations & tree a lovely surprise Thank you.
My first memories of Port Logan were Sunday school trips in the seventies, if it was wet we were in the hall. I've loved the break and we all appreciated your wonderful cottage, Thanks again.
Elaine and Alan & Patrick (Border Terrier). 10th - 17th December 2016.
- Lovely cottage, Christmas tree, treats most appreciated. Loved the outhouse ! superb for preparing & feeding dogs, allowing them to dry & generally cleaning them up. Beach perfect for early morning walks.
Thank you. Suzanne , Jim. Pippa & Kizzie (Labs). 24th - 31st Dec 2016.
- Idyllic cottage in an idyllic area, renovated to a high standard. We had a fantastic long weekend over the New Year period. Weather cold but sunny / dry. Lovely walks nearby and the sunset is amazing. We would like to return in the summer months.
Joy and Gordon With Ruby the Springer Spaniel. 31st Dec 2016 - 3rd Jan 2017.
- What a lovely cottage, so comfortable and clean & light, lovely bay. You have thought of everything anyone would want, Tia the dog loved the garden and beach. We would recommend your cottage to everyone.
Simon, Jacqui, Jean and Lawrence & Tia the Boxer dog. 18th-25th Feb 2017
- Deirdre, Lovely cottage, great area, enjoyed a variety of half-day walks and spotted lots of birds. Particularly Logan Botanic Gardens.
Gill, Glorious sunshine and spectacular sunsets for 1st couple of days, mist thereafter didn’t mind in this botanist’s paradise – cliffs rich in wild flowers, spring quill just coming out, lovely.
Alison, Excellent cottage, great walks with lots of natural history interest. Had a super break thank you.
25th March – 1st of April.
Well, what can I say, were here again, 2nd time in 6 months and have already booked for Oct 2017.
(Also now booked Christmas week 2017)
The cottage is fantastic beautifully modernised and extended and a fabulous garden for the dogs to run in. Whilst we were here they were filming for a film called “Keepers”. We did keep hanging around in the hope they may need extras, Lol.
We visited the Tigh-na Mara hotel again, this time for lunch as not too busy (lovely meal). And visited various places around the area and Stranraer.
It’s nearly time for our weeks holiday to end and we’re already looking forward to returning. Thanks for the welcome pack and mini eggs they were lovely xx
Pam & Alex, Cooper & Molly (Cairns – Cavapoo’s) 8th-15th April 2017 Preston.
- What a terrific location and truly beautiful cottage.
The dogs were particularly happy with the garden and beach.
We will certainly be back x
Easter 2017 Chris & Dave Skipton, Ken & Gladys Dublin, and Lewis & Brodie the dogs.
Had a fantastic week.
The cottage is beautiful and has everything you could ever need.
Thanks very much and we may well be back.
Graham - Carla & Cookie (the Staffie x) Derby, 22nd – 29th April 2017.
- Thank you very much, we have enjoyed our stay at this cottage. It has everything we needed.The weather was fantastic and we even got to sunbath in the garden, such a lovely place to spend a week. PS, We particularly liked a drive through the #GallowayForestPark & down the #RaidersRoadGallowayforestdrivewww.gallowayforestpark.com/item-24-raiders-road-forest-drive, it’s a bit further but we did see the Red Kites as well as the more usual wildlife.
Alison, Fiona, Sorkunde, Ilona and Logie the dog. Netherlands 29th April – 6th May.
- Beautiful clean cottage. Well supplied with everything required for our stay and some extras we did not expect, welcome pack most welcome, thank you. Had a fantastic sunny and dry week. Nice and quiet location. I’m sure we’ll be back.
Gillian, Sharon and Meg the dog. Chesterfield 6th-13th May 2017.
- Beautiful cottage and lovely area. The cottage is well equipped and warm. The dogs loved the beach and the garden !! Even the weather was lovely. Many thanks for a lovely holiday.
Enid and Mike, Rosie & Daisy Otley 13th – 20th May 2017.
“Wow” What a truly beautiful cottage, Luxury & comfort combined.
Thoroughly enjoyed doing nothing but chilling & relaxing.
Kids and dogs loved the garden and beach.
Welcome pack was such a kind & thoughtful touch.
This is a beautiful & serene and magical place to relax & unwind.
Thoroughly enjoyed our time and can’t wait to come back again.
Dee, Don, Caitlyn, Megan & Judith & Chris with Pedro and Kenzi the dogs. 27th May – 3rd June 2017 Co-Durham.
- Denise & Nick,
Just two words from us,
**JUST PERFECT !**
Claire and Jamie & our 2 dogs Rory + Henry 13th-17th June 2017 Suffolk.
And we have booked next year.
- Beautiful Cottage in Perfect Location.
Well equipped & Spotless.
Enjoyed seeing the amazing sunsets & the pheasant that comes into the garden. Hope to come back again.
Thank you. xxx
Jack the Lab loved the garden & walks on the beach.
Eddie & Rhoda and Jack. Livingston 24th June – 1st July 2017.
- Denise & Nick
WOW! What a wonderful place to spend our summer holidays.
The cottage is perfect and has everything you could ever need.
Zach our Lab loved the beach and the secure garden was perfect for us all.
Thanks from us all – We will be back !!
John, Tina, Dor + Tony (Zach the choc Lab!!)
July 1st – 14th July 2017 – Nottingham.
- Beautiful cottage; Beautiful location.
We have had a great week fishing + walking.
Would definitely recommend your cottage to friends – Thanks.
Christine& Norrie (Lancaster) 22nd – 29th July 2017
Denise & Nick your cottage is beautiful.
We have had a fantastic two weeks.
Lovely walks on the beach, fishing & days out.
Hope to return to Rosebank in the future.
Jackie, Jason, Miles & Gibbs (Cocker Spaniel).
29th July – 12th August. Holmfirth.
Denise + Nick
Thank you for a lovely stay at Rosebank. The cottage was fantastic, with everything we needed and more. The garden was fantastic for Max and Bailey. The beach great for walks and sea for a spot of fishing. It was such a relaxing holiday for all ages. We will be back! Michelle.
PS Thanks for the welcome pack.
Glenda + Billy Jackson, Ethan + Michelle Broadbent with Max & Bailey.
12th Aug – 19th Aug 2017.
Port Logan is such a beautiful place and Rosebank Cottage is great with everything you could possibly need, a real home from home!
We particularly enjoyed the beach here in Port Logan, the Mull of Galloway Lighthouse and a lovely walk at the
Galloway Forest Park (Glentrool)
Can’t wait to come back here again ! Many Thanks.
Chris, Nicki, Lara, Ryan + Mylo (our crazy Springer / Cocker cross!)
Wotton-Underedge, Gloucestershire. 19th – 26th August 2017.
- What an amazing relaxed week we have had at Rosebank Cottage.
The weather has been lovely as well, so we have been in the garden and beach all week.
We went to the Mull of Galloway Lighthouse which was fantastic, breath taking views.
Thanks again for the very thoughtful welcome pack, it was very much appreciated after a long drive.
We will be returning to Rosebank Cottage and will be recommending this “GEM” to friends and family.
Thank you once again.
Gemma, John, Corey & Paige and Iza the Whippet. Alloa Scotland 26th August – 2nd September 2017.
Enjoyed our week at Rosebank Cottage.
Spent an enjoyable few hours at Logan Gardens, must have very mild winters here for the tropical plants to grow so well, worth a visit. Enjoyed the lighthouse and surrounding cliff top walks. Lexi and Skye enjoyed running on the beach. Lovely cottage, thanks.
Pat, Harry. Bev and Bob, Lexi and Skye Weimaraners.
2nd Sept – 9th Sept 2017
Wonderful cottage in a wonderful location.
Lots of walks on the beach (which Beau loved ).
Fishpond & Botanical gardens are well worth the visit too !!
We will certainly be back in the near future.
Emma, Rob, Richard & Beau the Border Collie
Derbyshire 9th – 16th Sept 2017.
- Beautiful cottage, so peaceful and comfortable, Dogs loved the garden and the beach. Portpatrick and Mull of Galloway are beautiful and we love Port Logan beach.
Hopefully back next year.
Teresa & Simon with Jack, Ruby and Tilly the Terriers,
Staffordshire, 16th – 23rd Sept 2017.
We have had the best time here.
The cottage is spotless and better equipped than we ever expected, every wee detail is thought of.
We spent so much time on the beach and visited the fish pond, Galloway Lighthouse and many of the surrounding wee villages.
So sad to be going home but we are all looking forward to our next visit in July.
Thanks so much.
Janet, Margo, Teigan, Ben, Aaron and Cailaen. & Tobi and Maisie the dogs.
Airdrie, North Lanarkshire 23rd – 30th Sept 2017
What a lovely cottage – Wish it was Mine !
I only had 4 days here but wish I could have had more, very cosy and extremely well equipped .
John Bartlett, Wellingborough 30th Sept – 4th Oct 2017
We arrived for the 3rd time in 12 months. We first came last October, then again in April and now here again.
We love the BIG garden and Mummy & Daddy love it as they know we are safe.
We love the beach as we can run on the sand and Molly can chase the birds (she loves doing that).
We’ve done all the usual stuff too with Mum & Dad.
They love bringing us here and we can’t wait till Christmas when we come back for another week.
Love Cooper & Molly (cute Cavapoo’s) XX
Cooper & Molly + Mummy & Daddy
Freckleton Preston England 7th-14th Oct 2017
Our first time in Scotland, Quiet, Relaxed, Superb break,
Lovely cottage and fantastic location, very dog friendly.
Other than our drive up through storm Brian we have enjoyed great weather and hit the beaches all along the peninsula and up to Ayr.
Loved the Fish Pond and have met delightfully friendly people from far and wide everywhere we have been.
Dave & Kellie, Faith & Ben with Diego & Dutch the Beagles. Plymouth Devon.
21st – 28th Oct 2017
No husbands, no children, no grandchildren, no dogs, Perfect !
Debs & Hilary Mold Flintshire 30th Oct – 4th Nov 2017.
We would like to thank you for a lovely stay with our little dog (Dachshund “Merlin”) & our granddaughter Ava.
We have really enjoyed our stay, & a big thank you for all the goodies you left.
Eileen, Kevin, Ava, Victoria, Oliver and Merlin the Dachshund.
4th – 11th Nov 2017.
“Weather was Terrible”
Didn’t stop us enjoying ourselves.
It was great to come back to a nice, cosy, clean well equipped cottage.
Thanks to Nick & Denise.
See you soon.
Don, Dodie & Ellie the Shih-Tzu.
Nov 22nd – 26th 2017.
- Christmas Hols
Cooper & Molly (cute Cavapoo’s)
+ mummy & daddy our big human brother Damien and his Fiancé Emma and Charlie (Cavalier) our older nephew who’s 7 and our human Granny.
Arrived on Saturday 23rd Dec for our 4th visit. We brought family along this time so they could see what mum & dad had been raving about.
Everyone loved the cottage and we got lots of things in the welcome pack but mummy said we couldn’t have any as doggies aren’t allowed chocolates and biscuits. We did have our sweets with us so we didn’t eat those we had left us by Denise & Nick but thank you.
“Great Holiday”. Mummy & Daddy are bringing us back in May, Yay!
Alex & Pam, Damien & Emma, Granny. Cooper, Molly & Charlie (the doggies).
Freckleton Preston 23rd_30th Dec 2017.
A perfect, quiet New Year break, just what we were hoping for.
The cottage is just lovely, everything you could want / need.
Jake our dog loved the beach.
So refreshing to come somewhere dog friendly, not having to check a long list of things the dog can’t do.
Thank you Denise & Nick we had a great time.
Rob & Elaine + Jake, Edinburgh 30th Dec – 3rd Jan 2017/18.
Another perfect stay for us, lovely welcome pack and perfect cottage.
Thank you again Denise & Nick see you again later in the year.
Janet and Margo with Maisie & Tobi JRT’s
Airdrie NL 3rd-7th Jan 2018
Another lovely holiday in your beautiful cottage, beautiful place.
The dogs could not get enough of the beach.
They are already planning their next holiday.
PS, Thank you for the welcome pack.
Chris & Dave Armitage with Lewis, Kira, Skye and Brodie the Spaniels and Sprockers.
13th – 20th January 2018.
Thank you for such a wonderful holiday, we have loved it here. After looking at you Website and FB page I finally made the decision to book with the help of my Dad. The cottage is huge and perfectly stocked; your pictures don’t do it justice. We will return next year.
Port Logan we love you.
Amelia & Greg, Jimmy, Molly, Josh and Charlie.
Berkhamsted Hertfordshire 26th – 28th Jan 2018.
“Another Great Stay”.
Thank you for the extra day due to the weather (while the most of Britain was covered in snow, The Rhins of Galloway remain Snow free). See you in July. Big thanks again.
Simon & Jacqui with Tia the dog.
Stockport Cheshire 24th Feb – 4th March 2018.
Great few days, so relaxing, Dogs loved the beach and the garden !
Thanks again Lorna with Hector and Angus.
12TH – 17TH March 2018.
- A truly wonderful, beautiful, relaxing place to stay.
Thank you so much.
Frances Stoakley West Yorkshire 24th – 26th March 2018.
Great few days, beach fantastic. So relaxing, you literally have thought of everything and we really hope to come back again. A beautiful place to stay x.
Angela & Paul with Meg the Yorkshire terrier.
26th – 30th March 2018, The Wirral.
Beautiful clean cottage, Great welcome pack even thought of the dogs.
Lovely relaxing week.
3 Happy dogs – 2 Happy humans.
Thanks so much.
Stephen & Susan with George,
Bobby and Ellie xx the British Bulldogs. 30th March – 6th April 2018 Falkirk.
Superb stay will be back.
Helen & Anthony with Alfy the Maltese Yorkie dog.
Southport Lancashire 8th – 11th April 2018.
A lovely cottage, beautiful location.
Had a wonderful holiday, lots of walks on the beach.
Thank you for the welcome things.
We will be back, can’t wait xx
Lin & John 14.4.18 – 21.4.18
We have had a lovely time here, so very quiet and peaceful, just wonderful !!
Thanks for everything it’s been home from home, you have made our stay so relaxing & welcoming.
We will come again soon. Thank you.
Frank & Pushpa. 25th – 28th April 2018.
Loved every minute of our stay in Port Logan.
Rosebank is beautiful, so very clean and comfortable.
There was an immediate welcoming ambience when we arrived.
The cottage is obviously loved and cherished by Denise & Nick.
Tea and biscuits were very much appreciated and the fresh flowers were a lovely touch.
We all ( especially Gilli ) loved the garden and beach, and how friendly the people ( locals and holidaymakers ) are in Port Logan.
Hopefully we will be able to visit again in the near future.
“Thank you” for everything.
Trudi & Peter and Gilli (the Labradoodle)
Preston Lancashire 5th – 12th May 2018.
An absolutely wonderful Holiday in a beautiful place and a wonderful beach.
A Fabulous cottage in every way. A lovely secure garden which the dogs loved and beautiful weather.
Thank you Nick & Denise it has been an absolute pleasure staying here xx
Tony & Joyce Conroy with Roxey and Dixie.
Knutsford Cheshire 12th – 19th May 2018.
“Here we are again for the 5th time”.
We were so excited when mum told us we were coming back on holiday.
We knew where we were before dad pulled up outside, we were crying with excitement and making such a din !
We’ve been playing out in the huge garden with our balls and been running after the birds too, that’s a good game and keeps us fit.
We love the beach and running on the sand and having a little paddle.
Love Cooper and Molly xx.
Mummy and Daddy say thanks for the welcome pack & flowers and the lovely gift voucher you are both so kind and very thoughtful.
Hope to return soon.
Cooper and Molly (Cavapoo’s) + our Mum & Dad Alex and Pam, Preston Lancashire.
19th – 26th May 2018.
We were absolutely delighted with Rosebank Cottage !
We couldn’t have asked for anything more.
Denise & Nick you have ensured that everything is catered for and so much more, the cottage is beautiful with a garden to die for and the most amazing surroundings, the hubby caught 13 species of fish and we have explored and discovered many other places. On a plus the weather has been amazing so we are even leaving with a tan!
Defo coming back.
Thanks, the Millers x..
Julie, Scott + Ollie Miller, and parents
Gateshead, Tyne and Wear.
Sat 26th May – 2nd June 2018.
I saw Rosebank Cottage on the internet and thought it looked just right,
a place to stay for several weeks for some well-earned respite.
In I came to a light, airy space as clean and tidy as can be, beautifully maintained garden and right next to the sea.
Villagers made me feel at home local ice cream is a must (https://www.visitsouthwestscotland.com/attractions/cool-licks-and-hot-drinks-ltd/ )
Rosebank held firm and true when storm Horace began to gust.
A knees up at the hoolie I stayed up past eleven, the clean sea air and walks with dog this is my idea of heaven..
So sadly now it’s time for home thank you Denise & Nick, your cottage is a perfect place and leaving makes me sick ! xxxx
Ann & Trudy (woof)
and Sister Sue. Leicester.
2nd – 30th June 2018
May I say Another wonderful week at your cottage, enhanced by the weather !!
how thoughtful you are with little touches, like tissues and flowers.
Simon says thanks for the fork (Simon is a keen fisherman and needed a fork to dig bait).
May I just say, perhaps some fold up chairs would be useful for us “Oldies” who can’t walk well !
Regular guest here again,
Simon and Jacqui love Port Logan and will be back for a month towards the end of the year.
Simon has just had another Birthday but we don't consider you to be "oldies".
We do appreciate the size of our garden so we have just ordered another picnic bench and table for the lower area.
As with your suggestion about a bait digging fork for fishing we always respond.
Simon & Jacqui with Jean and Lawrence and Tia the Boxer.
Cheshire 30th June – 7th July 2018.
Port Logan has enveloped us in a duvet of peace & tranquillity.
The whole area is outstandingly beautiful. We have visited most of the gardens
& they are all wonderful in their own way, if you only have time or inclination to
Visit one make sure it’s Glenwhan.
Thank you Nick & Denise for providing such a wonderful cottage and all the added extras
welcome pack : flowers all very much appreciated .
We have all enjoyed the garden & beach particularly Pip.
I can’t imagine we won’t be visiting P L & Rosebank again.
Port Logan Fish Pond, Leswalt Community Garden & Wetlands
Best wishes, G & J Parks-Bowen with Pip (the 3 legged Terrier)
Leicestershire 7th – 14th July 2018.
Another perfect stay, cottage spotless and welcoming and as always a lovely welcome pack.
We had so much time relaxing, reading and exploring.
Then sunsets on the path past the pier are amazing.
My daughter, partner and their kids came for a day and went snorkelling while we had a swim in the sea, and they all had the best day and didn’t want to leave.
We also explored Kirk Maiden Cemetery and High Slock in our search of our family tree and got lots of information and pictures.
Thank you so much again for sharing this wee piece of Heaven.
See you again for the New Year.
Janet, Margo, Ben, Teigan with Tobi & Maisie (JRT / JRT Bichon X)
Airdrie 21st – 28th July 2018.
Katie McGavigan reviewed Port Logan Holiday Cottage – 5 star
We stayed at Rosebank for a week this summer. The cottage is incredibly well looked after, very clean and really well equipped. It was perfect for us. Denise and Nick were really helpful and made sure we had everything we needed. We have 3 children so being across the road from the beach was great and the children cycled around the village for hours. There are very few places where it is safe for young children to have so much freedom. The back garden is a sun trap and very private which is lovely when you want a holiday that means you can get away from it all. The ice cream kiosk along the road was a bonus (open Fri, Sat, Sun). It wasn't our first visit to the area and won't be our last.
Katie, Jonathan, Matthew, Joseph, Rosie.
Guildford 28th July – 4th August 2018.
Another lovely holiday here at Rosebank Cottage, got to finish watching “2000 Acres of Sky” – thanks for leaving it for us to watch !
Mylo (the Sprocker) enjoyed the beach and the garden, and we all enjoyed chilling out.
Thank you for the welcome pack, much appreciated after a long journey.
We are looking forward to coming back to Port Logan for our Third visit !
Chris, Nicki, Lara, Ryan and their “Sprocker” Mylo
Charfield Gloucestershire 18th – 25th August 2018.
Hi Denise & Nick,
A “WOW” on the Web site and a bigger “WOW” on arrival.
An outstanding cottage with all mod cons and very clean.
Thumbs up for the freezer it meant I could pre-cook the dog’s dinners and shove in the freezer only needing to defrost.
The “boys” loved exploring the large garden.
A lovely quiet location and great for exploring that end of the map.
Thanks so much for allowing us to stay, thanks for the welcome pack.
Jeanne, Jeanette with Rico & Poteen (Whippets) Lanarkshire .
4th – 11th August 2018.
We have had a wonderful week at Rosebank - a perfect family holiday with lots of lovely walks on the beach.
We had a great day in Portpatrick, also trips to the Mull of Galloway and Wigtown.
Thank you so much for the biscuits, milk, tea etc – they were much appreciated!
We have been so comfortable at Rosebank and feel very much at home, we would all love to come back
Catherine, Andrew, Mary and Angus & Donald (the Dachshund)
Beeston Nottingham 11th – 18th August 2018.
We have been to many holiday cottages across the UK.
I can honestly say this is the best equipped bar none.
Amazing cottage in an amazing place, the kids + dog loved the garden and beach.
Totally relaxing break.
The cottage had everything you could ask for and more !
Thank you so much.
Darren, Jo, Caitlin, Ethan and Dog (with no name).
25th Aug – 1st Sept 2018.
We have had a wonderful two weeks at Rosebank.
Weather has been kind and we’ve enjoyed great walks on the beach.
Buster has adored the garden and beach and we are taking home a sad Shih-Tzu !
The cottage has every you could need and thanks for the welcome pack and all the lovely touches !
Visited the Fish Pond, the Isle of Whithorn and the Mull.
Tried the EGGS at the end of the road! (free range).
Already booked for next year !
Thanks Denise & Nick.
Bev, Lyz and Buster (Shih-Tzu) Cambridge
1st – 15 September 2018.
We had a lovely time. The cottage is cosy & warm& well equipped.
The garden is great for the dogs – very secure & of course they loved the beach.
Weather has been dry but windy ! – but we have been very comfortable & relaxed.
Thank you for the helpful starter things – biscuits (yum), milk, tea and coffee.
Kate & Dennis with Jack & Madge (the Staffies) Staffordshire.
15th – 22nd Sept 2018.
Had a fantastic week in your lovely cottage, so peaceful and relaxing.
Both dogs have loved going on the beach every day.
The welcome pack was very thoughtful, and the dogs loved theirs, thank you so much.
The cottage is very clean, tidy and very well equipped, so didn’t want to go home, but already booked for next year can’t wait to return.
Lynsey and Peter with Sam & Oscar (the Labradors).
22nd – 29th Sept 2018.
Thank you for a lovely week.
Our second visit and we had a lovely time.
Everything we could need and a lovely garden that Jack who is 16 and blind really enjoyed exploring.
Teresa & Simon,
Jack and Ruby (the bedlingtons) with Tilly (the naughty Lakeland).
29th Sept – 6th Oct 2018 Staffordshire.
We lived at Logan for 3 ½ years and never knew this cottage was a hidden gem. We have had a lovely stay.
Rutherford’s & Pooches.
Duns, Borders and Gloucester.
12th – 18th Oct 2018.
A very enjoyable stay, hope to come back again.
Thanks for the use of your Cottage !
David, Zoe, Amber, Sapphire & Star-Ruby.
13th – 19th October 2018.
4 Weeks gone so fast !
Thank you so much for all you do the big and small it makes it just a gem of a holiday. A big thank you, see you next year for our 5th visit, wish you well for Xmas and the New Year.
Jacqui and Simon & Tia dog.
20th Oct – 17th Nov 2018.
We hijacked Mum & Dads 4 week stay by spending their 1st week with them.
The cottage is beautiful; bomb proof for dogs also makes it a great place for 1 year old twins to explore in safety.
Thank you for the extra travel cot. Our 3 boys have loved exploring on the beach and we have had some great trips out.
This place is so clean and tidy, fully equipped, lovely and comfortable.
Thank you so much, this place is a gem and we hope to be back soon.
Sarah, Mark, James, William & Thomas.
20th – 27th October 2018.
The best cottage with everything perfect.
We have visited a few in this area, this beats all.
Many many thanks.
Isla and David with Mickey the Greyhound Perth.
17th – 24th November 2018.
What a fantastic week here, and what a beautiful wee cottage everything we need and much more.
Spotlessly clean, just perfect, the week just flew by.
We will deffo be back again, Just Perfect.
Mary, Tony & Skippy (x Ridgeback / Boxer)
New Cumnock Ayrshire.
22nd – 29th December 2018.
Perfect stay again, in the perfect cottage.
Thanks so much for the extra special welcome pack, it was lovely.
Can’t wait till our next stay in September in your gorgeous cottage and beautiful village.
Janet, Margo, Ben with Tobi & Maisie the JRT’s. Airdrie.
29th Dec – 5th Jan 2019.
The lovely, comfortable & spacious Rosebank Cottage has exceeded our expectations.
Port Logan is a perfect location to explore the South West peninsular & relax in such pleasant surroundings.
The dogs loved to frolic on the beach & being right on the door step was an added bonus.
Mary, Ken, Joan with Oscar & Tilly the setters.
Consett Co Durham.
19th – 23rd Jan 2018.
Found the cottage by chance on the Website when looking for a “get away from it all” place for a week and we certainly found it !
Beautiful cottage – Home from Home with perfect dog friendly garden and access to the beach.
Thanks for the welcome pack “which included dog treats “ !!
Spent the week walking and exploring (mainly on foot).
Lovely walk across country to New England Bay.
Portpatrick’s worth a visit for nice dog friendly pubs.
Lovely drives to the Mull of Galloway and Corsewall Point for wild and windy views !!
Sad to be leaving but hopefully will return xx
Andy, Helen + Barbara with Ruby & Sonny (Spaniel’s)
3/2/19 – 10/2/19
Stunning Cottage !
Everything you could possibly need !
Dogs loved their walks along the beach and paddles in the sea.
Such a lovely relaxed holiday, will come again.
Dog treats – Sweeties – Milk – Butter & Shortbread were most welcome by
All after a long journey.
Thank you xx
Suzy, Dave & Nicola with Gus & Chip (Border Collies).
Leek & Newcastle-under-Lyme Staffordshire.
16th – 20th Feb 2019.
Thank you so much for a lovely place to stay, in such a great location for beach walks.
Stunning even in February.
Pauline, Denise, Jill, Emma, Brian, Adam and Jenny.
Connie “The old” Springer Spaniel.
21st – 25th February 2019.
Our "Birthday" guests that arrived this week have sent us a lovely message, Thank you :-
Hello, thank you very much for the card and the little touches you left for us! Can I also say this cottage is the best we’ve stayed in. Everything is perfect!
We would love to come back and will definitely recommend to our friends
Kind regards Teo, Tony, Ellie, Lyud and Mike ( Cocker Spaniel).
Gateshead Tyne & Wier.
1st - 3rd March 2019
Our latest guest review posted on to our Google page.
Just had a long weekend at the Rosebank cottage for my wife’s birthday, Cant recommended highly enough it’s a beautiful cottage in a lovely setting. One of, if not the Best we’ve stayed in The owners have thought of everything. A birthday card for my wife and even treats for the dogs. We will certainly return and would recommend to anyone wanting peace and quiet to chill with lovely scenery, go on treat your selves, Mike + Wilma ....Falkirk.
Michael, Wilma, Donna, Steven & Baby Keira.
With Cheeko, Millie, Rory the Collie/Spaniel_ Miniature Yorkie_ Collie.
8th – 11th March 2019.
Beautiful Cottage, so comfortable and well equipped, couldn’t ask for more.
Thank you Nick & Denise.
BY Anne and Sheila
16th – 24th March 2019.
Spent an amazing week in the cottage. It’s an area we’ve visited before and love but the cottages’ location really exceeded our expectations. Just wonderful to be so close to one of the best beaches in the area. Cottage itself suited our needs perfectly; modern, cosy, comfortable, well equipped and immaculately clean.
Definite things to do in the area:-
Enjoy Port Logan beach!! Visit pretty Portpatrick harbour. Stroll on the deserted beach at Ardwell Bay. Spot seals basking on the rocks from the picnic area just north of Ardwell village. Enjoy lunch at Gallie Craig Coffee House taking in spectacular views of the Mull of Galloway lighthouse. Visit Logan Botanic Gardens and treat yourselves to cake in the café.
We will definitely return, thank you.
Becky, Grace & Beatrice, Ebony the Cocker Spaniel too, Shap, Cumbria.
30th March – 6th April 2019.
Had a glorious week relaxing in this perfect cottage.
The Milk, Eggs and biscuits were a lovely treat.
Everything has been thought of in this self-catering house.
We will definitely be returning, fish pond is a lovely stroll,
The café at the Mull of Galloway surprisingly really good.
Hopefully I’ll return when it’s a little warmer !
Mick, Karen & Becky,
6th – 13th April 2019.
Becky (age 10) & Family.
We had an amazing time; I visited St Nanina’s Cave and Museum.
We went to see the Fish Pond, on the way back I walked (across the bay on the beach) and everyone else took the car,
“I loved it”
A lovely stay – thank you !
The Austin Family,
Bill, Heather, Levi, Becky & Rory (the Labrador)
14th – 20th April 2019.
Thank you for a fabulous stay at Rosebank.
We had an amazing time here, the cottage is so cosy.
Perfect setting meters from the beach, & Dog Friendly.
We felt so relaxed never thought of home once & work LOL.
Didn’t want to leave, fell in love with the whole place.
Can’t wait to return xx.
Allison, Ronnie & Harry (English Bull Terrier)
Newcastle upon Tyne
20th – 27th April 2019.
We have stayed in many holiday cottages but this has to be one of the very best.
So many lovely touches from the fresh flowers to the biscuits, milk and eggs.
Thank you Denise & Nick.
I’m sure we will be back 1 day.
Graham, Joanne with Morris & Denis (the Pugs)
27th April – 4th May 2019.
The cottage was everything we hoped it would be, very clean and well maintained.
Barney loved his walks on the beach very much.
We found a very nice Pub in Drummore “The Clashwhannan”.
Denise, Brian & Barney (the Weimaraner)
4th – 11th May 2019.
Once again “Perfect”
Lovely touches which make you feel so welcome, Mickey (the Greyhound) also says thanks for the treats.
We will be back again, lovely weather when we were here.
Isla and David with Mickey.
11th – 25th May 2019.
Cottage is fabulous.
Location is wonderful.
We have thoroughly enjoyed our time at Rosebank and will be back.
Colette, Andy, Erin and Angus with :-
Phoebe (soft coated Wheaten Terrier) Luna (Cocker Spaniel) Charlie (Pug).
25th May – 1st June 2019.
Well equipped, Lovely area.
The dogs loved the garden and beach.
“Have left £6.00 in the basket for 1 of the cardigans”
(Denise is a prolific knitter of baby cloths, prices cover wool & buttons)
If I win The Lottery I will be making you an offer for the cottage !!
Robert, Mary, Connor, Tamara and baby Owen.
Patch and Jojo the 2 Jack Russell’s.
1st – 8th June 2019.
Rosebank cottage “Top Draw”, Couldn’t have asked for more.
Only rained once at night, Wall to Wall sun, Great..
Andy & Judy.
15th – 22nd June 2019.
Truly beautiful cottage in the most perfect location.
The owners have thought of everything you will need for your stay.
So clean, cosy & Airy.
Beautifully decorated throughout.
Port Logan is an absolute gem for a real get away from it all break.
We will definitely be back.
Thank you Denise & Nick.
Jackie, Margaret, Paul, Leo & Kenzie.
29th June – 6th July.
Perfect stay again !
The cottage never disappoints,
Denise & Nick ensure every detail is thought of and the welcome pack is always a lovely touch.
We all can’t wait for our next stay.
Thank you x.
Margo, Janet, Ben, Michael, Aaron & Callaen.
with Tobi / Maisie JRT’s
6th – 13th July.
Lovely well equipped cottage,
Everything is well thought out with every detail covered.
It’s truly been a great relaxing week away, even better that we got some nice sunny days too. We loved our stay that much that we would love to come back again.
Thank you very much for having such a warm cottage.
Craig, Claire, Olivia & Neve,
with Luna the husky too.
Biggar, South Lanakshire.
13th – 20th July 2019.
Had a fabulous stay in this amazing cottage !
Rosebank had everything we needed and more.
Thanks for the welcome pack.
We have visited the beach before on several occasions whilst being on New England Bay caravan site ‘Luce Bay’ and loved it so much that we wanted to come and stay here.
We all had a perfect & relaxing stay in this gorgeous cottage with the lovely beach just on the door step. Thank you.
Paula, Kirk, Alicia, Amelia and Spencer.
Jasper “the Choccy Lab” (age 13yrs young).
Barnsley South Yorkshire.
20th – 27th July 2019.
Had a fabulous, relaxing holiday, Children didn’t want to go home.
Daughter and son-in law went over to The Titanic Museum in Belfast, they had a great day.
We saw Dolphins up at Portpatrick, went to Logan Fish Pond really worth a visit, very interesting. Hopefully be back soon.
Thank you for little treats for humans & dogs.
“Had a great time !” Enjoyed being by the beach and we have loved it all.
We can’t wait to visit again sometime soon. Such an idyllic location and lovely little cottage.
Angela, Paul, Claire, Mike, Mia & Oliver with Meg and Millie (the Yorkshire Terriers).
10th – 17th August 2019.
Our second visit to Rosebank this year and we were so excited to be back. The cottage felt even more like home this time. We’ve done all the places to visit that we did at Easter but enjoyed much warmer temperatures this time. Used the fantastic garden much more. The must fabulous thing is the splendid location of the cottage.
We will be back!! Thank you.
Becky, Grace and Beatrice (and Ebony the Cocker Spaniel too!)
17th – 24th August 2019.
Our first visit but no our last.
This is the best equipped self-catering venue we have ever stayed. The cottage is lovely & the photo’s do not do it justice.
Port Logan is perfect and being 15 paces from the beach is our dream come true. The garden is perfect for the dogs & the view for morning coffee is stunning.
We will be back !
Morag & Scott plus Phoebe (the Lhasa Apso) & Ozzie (the Shih Tzu)
24th – 28th Aug 2019.
We really had a lovely time. The beach is amazing and the house had everything we needed.
Linda, Michael, Julie Alan & Family.
With Bodhi & Bella (Cotton De Tula)
28th Aug – 4th Sept 2019.
Another lovely, lovely holiday, Rosebank perfect !
Thank you for the welcome extras. Must come back.
Lin & John
14th – 21st Sept 2019.
ALL YEAR ROUND 365 DAYS